Academic Excellence Scholarship For Asean Students
Purpose of award
The purpos of this scholarship is to promote educational opportunities for young ASEAN students potential who meet the below criteria.
- Be a citizen of an ASEAN country. ASEAN countries are Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam
- Have an excellent record of academic achievment in their current schools ( we require school reports from the previous two year of study)
- Have submitted an application to study in Year 9 or Year 10 at Westlake Boys’ High School in the January or July intake of their year of entry
- Be able to obtain a student visa
Number of awards offered: Two
Value: Each scholarship is valued at $3,000.
Tenure of award: One year
- Applicants for the January intake must submit their applications before 30th November of the precedind year; applications for the July intake must submit their applications by 31st May
- Candidates must be available for a Skype interview prior to final selection
- The successful recipent must commit to at least 2 years of study at Westlake Boys’ High School
- The successful recipent must agree to act as an ambassador to prospective international student and parents by assisting with marketing activites
**The scholarship can be renewed for an additional year if the successful recipient obtains an average of 85% a Low Excellence in the End-of-Year examination.