New Zealand International Doctor Research Scholarships (NZIDRS)
The New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarship (NZIDRS) is a Government funded scholarship,
administered by Education New Zealand. The scholarship aims to attract and retain the best international
researchers to New Zealand. The scholarship provides full tuition fees and a living stipend for up to 3 years.
Value of the Scholarship
The NZIDRS covers the following for a TOTAL of three years (36 months):
- New Zealand University annual tuition fees and associated student levies
- An annual living stipend of NZ$25,000 per year (tax free)
- Medical insurance coverage up to NZ$600 annually
New Zealand ASEAN Scholarships
The New Zealand ASEAN Scholarships recognise New Zealand's close cultural, economic, and geographic ties
with Southeast Asia. They seek to empower individuals with the knowledge, skills and qualifications to contribute
to the economic, social, and political development of their region.
New Zealand ASEAN Scholarships are offered for postgraduate level study only.
What does it cover?
- full tuition fees
- a fortnightly living allowance - this is a contribution to basic living expenses
- an initial establishment allowance on arrival, and a subsequent annual establishment allowance to assist with ongoing costs
- medical and travel insurance
- travel from and to your home country - this is for travel from your home country at the start of the scholarship and for you to return to your home country at the end of your scholarship. Note that we offer our scholarships for the shortest amount of time needed for you to complete the academic programme
- home leave or reunion travel for some scholars
- assistance with research and thesis costs for many postgraduate research students.